Pages

Friday 23 November 2012

20/100 The blacksmith's wife [24]



 
 ‘Bewitching?  Is that something you can do?’
‘If necessary, aye, but it’s a skill I rarely use … my mother said it’d more likely end in death than in a pension, given Hopkins’ witch-burnings in Bury.’
‘And did you use such tricks on me?’
‘Nay,’ I smiled. ‘T’was never needed, the honey of my body was sufficient tacky for you to stay adhered ’
‘As it was for others, among whom was my brother.   Despite all, I cannot forget he shares my blood …’
‘And lets it too!’
‘Enough.   Time to re-build and ensure you’re kept from vengeful harm.’ 


This is part 24 of 'The blacksmith's wife'.   The whole is a prompt-led serial  which began on the Friday Prediction, in March  and continued, one hundred words at a time, for forty-one episodes.   One of my aims in this 100 days project is to complete the illustrations for each episode and publish the tale in book form.    The  story can be read in its entirety here.

No comments:

Post a Comment