Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

4/100 The blacksmith's wife [8]



'If I reek of roasted meat, will you still want me?   As you wanted me before ever we were wed?

'Have you fathomed, when it’s done, how you will fuck me?   When you cannot take me on my back for my screaming from the scars?   When from behind, the scribbled lexicon  of  sin will  prevent you from forgetting?

'I think not.

'If it is me who needs reminding then, my gallant sir, I think you needs must think again  … the danger is, from spite, it will be not your nose but your prick you have cut off.'






This is part 8 of 'The blacksmith's wife' which opens with her tied naked to a post in her husband's forge, he intent on branding her, having caught her with a younger, more beautiful lad.   The whole is a prompt-led serial  which began in March  and continued, one hundred words at a time, for forty-one episodes.   One of my aims in this 100 days project is to complete the illustrations for each episode and publish the tale in book form - comments would be appreciated.
The  story can be read in its entirety here

No comments:

Post a Comment